Actors & Volunteers
For 31 years, the Community Theatre League has been a vital part of our community. We are a non-profit, volunteer driven organization that is committed to developing, promoting and presenting quality, diverse and affordable live theatre for the entertainment, education and enrichment of the participants and the community. Our typical season includes approximately 27 weekends of performances/entertainment, comprised of:
- Six mainstage plays
- Three SPROUTS children’s plays
- Reader’s Theatre performances
- All-student workshop productions
- Summer theatre camp productions and presentations
With the help of more than 300 volunteers per year, CTL has played a small, but important role of the growth and revitalization of downtown Williamsport. So why do we want you? Our volunteers change from show to show. Some volunteers act, while some only work backstage. Some prefer winter months, some summer. It takes a large group of people to produce each show and their availability is always changing. Perhaps you can fill an empty role.
New to the CTL? Download our Newcomer's Guide.
To succeed in our mission, the Community Theatre League depends on endless hours of volunteer involvement in areas such as:
- Committees: determine the direction of the organization and help with special events.
- Concert Coordinator: help groups get on and off stage and coordinate the start and intermission of performances.
- Costume Seamstress & Wardrobe Staff: collect and/or construct costumes, assist with laundering and repair or help the actors during the show.
- Daytime Box Office & Evening Performance Staff: take ticket orders over the phone, hand out programs or usher patrons to their seat.
- Light & Sound Tech: work behind the scenes on performances to make sure the light transitions are smooth and the sound is balanced.
- Props Gathering, Running & Stage Crew: assist backstage with cast and crew to ensure a smooth performance.
- Set Construction, Painting & Decorating: design or create set pieces and furniture for upcoming productions.
Want to play an on-stage role in one of our upcoming productions? Need to see when your rehearsals are or fill out your biography? Get all the information you need right here.
How to Get Involved
- Attend an audition–The best way to jump right in is to attend an audition and meet the director, stage manager, and production manager. They can tell you where help is needed most.
- Visit the business office–CTL’s administrative staff will be on hand during the day to help get you started by putting you in touch with production managers and directors.
- Call or email–Contact the business office by calling (570) 327-1720 or emailing email@example.com with your contact information and areas of interest.
Each production is staffed independently. If you have a particular interest in a show or position, please let us know. Even if your desired position is already filled, we may call upon you for backup.